Never take advice from someone who lives above a garage.
— Larry ~ The Perfect Score
You didn’t know. You think you’d have done any different if you had known?
— Kiss Me Deadly
Cinema was a dark room where light mattered.
— The Story of Film
Top 10 Metacritic Scored Films of the New Millennium (so far):
- Boyhood by Richard Linklater (2014) - 99
- Pan’s Labyrinth by Guillermo del Toro (2006) - 98
- 12 Years a Slave by Steve McQueen (2013) - 97
- 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days by Cristian Mungiu (2007) - 97
- Gravity by Alfonso Cuarón (2013) - 96
- Ratatouille by Brad Bird (2007) - 96
- Zero Dark Thirty by Kathryn Bigelow (2012) - 95
- The Social Network by David Fincher (2010) - 95
- A Separation by Asghar Farhadi (2011) - 95
- Amour by Michael Haneke (2012) - 94
I Origins is the second feature from writer-director Mike Cahill and proves that this man knows what he’s doing. This is an incredible movie and everyone should see it. So please. Go.
Reblogging because it’s a gif of Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman.
"I saw someone do it one day, and I really liked it. I wanted it in the film. I thought it would be funny so I just put it in. I didn’t know where I was going to put it, and then we were doing the take where she’s really sick and it’s something that’s just kind of like, "What do you want when you’re sick? I don’t want anyone to talk to me. The thought of someone speaking is just…" So yeah, I just thought I’d throw it in and the director really liked it so we kept it." - Emily Blunt on improvising in The Devil Wears Prada
I wasn’t sure what to think about this movie going in, but it was absolutely memorable and charming.